Thursday, January 2, 2014

32 Weeks - Baby Tripp

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 32 Weeks
Size of baby: Tripp is about the size of a honeydew melon (19 inches, 4.5 lbs according to What to Expect)
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 10 pounds...it fluctuates from day to day. The belly button is almost all the way out, but the bottom is holding on to staying a innie!
Maternity Clothes: I am 100% in maternity pants. It depends with shirts. 
Gender: It's a BOY!!!!! Thomas III, nicknamed Tripp
Movement: He moves a lot and but this week he has been a little less active.  I think I have been on the go so much that I haven't really noticed as much movement or maybe walking around so much has lulled him to sleep more.    
Sleep: I have had some good nights this week and some TERRIBLE nights.  Acid reflux really really sucks!
What I miss:  Sleeping, not having acid reflux
Cravings: I have wanted movie theater popcorn this week. 
Symptoms: Reflux is my biggest symptom. 
Best Moment this week:  Getting the nursery 90% done has been the highlight...but overall, this week has not been sunshine and daisies.  I have had some really tough moments of pregnancy with the reflux and then some bleeding that I found did not come from baby, but from an absess that I will not further discuss.  Thank goodness it wasn't the baby!  I also have been trying to get off my Prozac that I take for anxiety and OCD in preparation of the third trimester.  They suggest not taking SSRI mediciations in the third trimester because the baby can have a slight chance of respiratory distress, and then there is a chance of a lethargic baby, difficulty latching, etc. My doctor has been really great at helping me phase down slowly, but here I am halfway through with the 3rd trimester and still taking some Prozac.  I guess less is better than nothing, but it makes me feel sad that I am having such a hard time getting off completely.  This 2 week period he wanted me to phase down to a 10mg every other day, and I did that for a few days and felt loopy becuase of the hormones and the up and down of the Prozac in my system.  So I just made the decision to cold turkey it for the last bit of phasing off since I was feeling loopy anyway...better just to get it over with....and anxiety/OCD reared it's awful head.  I have decided I will be taking 10mg of Prozac for the rest of my pregnancy.  I need it for my well being, and my well being affects the baby.  If I am a nervous wreck for the next 8 weeks I chance preterm labor and other complications to the baby.  The very small chance the baby could have respiratory distress doesn't really scare me from the medical studies I have researched, and I have taken the Prozac in the third trimester already anyway so I think I still have that risk regardless if I get off it now.  I think this is the right choice for me, and I will be discussing this with my doctor Monday.  I think he will agree with this decision.  Pregnancy is a blessing, but I won't sugarcoat and say there aren't challenges.  I am human and this week has been a bit of a challenge with being pregnant.  BUT my baby is worth it and I would go through all of this again for him. 

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to the shower! Can't wait to see Tripp's little face when he gets here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Your comments make my day!