11 Random Things About Myself
1. I have a really hard time picking out favorites. If someone asks my favorite this or that, I always end up saying something different. My top 5 or so are always the same, but the number one spot depends on my mood.
2. I eat ice cream almost every night...and unfortunately my waistline is starting to show it. I am working on cutting back on this!
3. I love my sleep. I covet my sleep. I am a horrible, no-good, cranky person without my sleep. I go through periods when I go to bed early and get up early, or periods when I stay up late and sleep late (those days are gone now though since I am done with college). The one constant is that I need at least 8-9 hours every night or I am a bear the next day.
4. I am also pretty good at blocking out stuff and sleeping through it. I can take a call early in the morning, sound awake, and then fall promptly back to sleep...or my hubby can turn on every light and I still can fall back asleep...or I can even get up, walk across the room, turn off the alarm, and fall back asleep. I subconsciously know when I need to get up, and I will get up for the day then...but basically until then I can fall asleep on command. I am not one of those that get woken up and then can't get back to sleep.
5. Another thing I really love and covet is my alone time. I really enjoy the time when I can turn on the music and enjoy my hobbies or just zone out and watch a movie. I need time alone every now and then.
6. My hair is getting darker and darker the older I get. Is this a random fact, or a fact of life? Anyway, I am all about keeping the blonde up!
7. My favorite actresses are Diane Lane, Myrell Streep, and Amy Adams. The favorite of the day is Diane Lane because I watched Secretariat the past weekend.
8. I really dislike horse movies. You know what I'm talking about...the ones where an animal gets through some major event and has human emotions...yada, yada, yada. I call them all horse movies, but really it's animal movies. But doesn't it seem like there are just a lot of movies that come out that are about horses? Free Willy, bleh. War Horse, bleh. Secretariat, tolerable because I love Diane Lane and the clothes were fab...but the story of Secretariat, bleh. I do however love Hidalgo. I know, I am a hypocrite.
9. I have really small hands. I have short fingers and thin fingers. My rings are a 5. I find this kinda weird since I am not a petite person.
10. I have always wanted to learn to play the piano. See above to realize why this will never happen.
11. I used to twirl the baton when I was a kid. It was part of dance classes, and we marched in the Christmas parade every year. I really liked the sparkly outfit and being in the parade, but the baton honestly scared me. I remember when we learned turns, and I was convinced I would get hit in the head. I eventually learned how to do a one-turn, but that was it.
11 Questions to Answer:
1. What is your guilty pleasure TV show?
Currently Dance Moms
2. Name one song that you like to jam out to that is totally embarrassing.
Barbie Girl by Aqua. I cannot believe I listened to this as a kid, it is so bad!
3. Where do you want to send your kids to school? Public/private/homeschool?
Most people in Savannah send their children to private schools, but we live in a suburb that has very good public schools that both Thomas and I attended. We will most likely send our future children there unless something changes.
4. One food you will never grow tired of?
Mexican! I just do not understand people that don't like it! What is better than things covered in cheese sauce!
5. What is your favorite Pinterest search?
I have been staying off Pinterest recently. This is not really on purpose, but I am just really busy and haven't had a chance to pin anything. When I do get on it, I like to pin ideas for our house since I am in the process of decorating, and decorated cookies. I also like to look at printables, and sometimes they inspire cookie designs too!
6. Did you order Girl Scout cookies? If so what kind?
I have not ordered girl scout cookies yet...but I plan to! I LOVE girl scout cookies. I like to get the Dos-i-Does (Peanut Butter Sandwiches). I usually end up buying like 10 boxes every year (not just peanut butters!). I always know that at least one box will be gone the first day, but after that I do restrain myself.
7. What color do you decorate with most?
I really need to do a home tour! I am crossing my fingers I am getting a new camera soon, so if I do...that will be when I do one. My downstairs is all warm colors. I have reds, golds, chocolate browns, some oil rubbed bronze/blacks. It is a french country feel down there and it carries upstairs through the 2nd bathroom and hallway. I am decorating my master in tan, seafoam green/blue, chocolate, and I have silver accents. My sewing room is girly girl, french style. The walls are going to be Marie Antoinette blue, and the furniture is white (once I paint it). I have accents of pink, blue, greens, and yellows in there. My whole house is a work in progress! It costs money, and even things I have bought (like paint) take time to actually get done.
8. Which store is a total guilty pleasure?
Right now I am all about home decor, so Homegoods, Hobby Lobby, Kirklands, and even Target. I could spend an absolute fortune finishing up my home. I have to really restrain myself!
9. What are your favorite baby names?
I have been going back and forth whether to put them out there. Thomas and I have picked names pretty much, but they are subject to change. Instead of saying the boy and girl name we tentatively have picked, I will say some I like. The ones we have picked are included.
Girls: I like traditional and Southern style names. I love Reese, Kennedy, Ava, Abigail, Sara-Beth, Paige, Avery, Elizabeth, Ella. Some of these are out because they don't flow well with our last name, or are used too often. I will have to see how we feel about names when/if we have a daughter because I want a beautiful, feminine, name that preferably has connection to our families and isn't over-used.
Boys: Jackson, Noah, Tripp, William, Luke, Robert, John, Carter. I really haven't thought a ton about boy names because most likely if we have a son he will be named after his father and be a third.
I would love a house similar to this!