I am working on my "stockpile" of posts again, but I felt like just chit-chatting today. This past weekend was WONDERFUL! I wish it would have lasted longer, but isn't that how it always is!
- Wednesday of last week was my "Friday," so I was itching to get out of work! I went home and worked on some embroidery orders I had. I am really trying to amp up my embroidery orders so that I can make it a small business of sorts. I mentioned in a previous post that I am trying to make an etsy shop, and I am trying to get the word out of facebook for local friend who need things monogrammed/embroidered. It is just so fun and I really want to stay busy with it since it is such a fun hobby!
- Thursday was really fun! We went to Thomas' grandparents house as usual and had a wonderful Thanksgiving lunch. For years now, my mom and Nanny have come to Thomas' grandparents holiday celebrations as my family is spread out all over now and the only time we really get together is Christmas. It is really nice to be able to have all of my family (inlaws and my family) together at one celebration rather than having to go to separate celebrations and spread my time out. Our families have really come together to form one family and it is so awesome to me!
- We were planning to do Black Friday shopping as we do every year, but Ashton and I didn't think we would be doing it "big time" this year because we didn't really think we had that much to buy in town. Well, after looking at the ads, making my list, and then talking about it, we realized we had a lot more places we wanted to go than we originally thought. We started at 8 on Thanksgiving night at the Walmart because there were a couple games on sale we wanted to get for the guys. You would have thought they were giving them away with the way that people acted about getting these things! It was a mad house. We ended up getting all the games we wanted (2 of 2 different games) despite there only being 6 of each game available since Walmart was going the Black Friday thing 3 times and everything would be restocked each time. I personally think this was a dumb idea because when we went to Target, they put everything out and no one was trying to clober each other over stuff. You just go to the game section, see if your game is there, pick it up if so, and check out. So much easier than standing in the produce section of Walmart for 2 hours with 20 people trying to get 6 games. Obviously, I am not planning to do the Walmart thing again...this was my first time and I was less than impressed. We ended up getting just about everything we wanted Black Friday and I have every single person on my list finished except for 3 (I had about 15). I enjoy Black Friday shopping when people behave themselves, but when you see people getting in fist fights at the Walmart over towels that are on sale for $1.98 each...it just ruins it for everyone. (Yes, this happened at several locations in the Savannah area)
- I saw the Muppets on Friday after we crashed for bit. It was SO cute!!!! I love the Muppets, so I was really excited to see it! Plus Jason Segal and Amy Adams are precious! They have so much chemistry and I really wish they would get married and have cute babies! Yes, I like to wish fairytale lifestyles on my favorite celebrities...it's all good! But seriously, Ashton told me that Jason Segal wrote this screenplay, pitched it to Disney, and said he would only go through with it if Amy Adams would sign on because she was perfect for the part of Mary! How cute is that! I have to agree, and I have no idea if either of them are involved with anyone, but after seeing that movie I am team
Am-son JasmyJamy all the way!
- Saturday, I got out Christmas stuff and decorated all day! It took a long time to put my tree together because it is one of those where every branch clips in separate and there are no lights on it, so you have to do that (which is no fun!). My mom had this tree and it is beautiful, but it is a lot of work! I am happy with it now that it is all together, but it is a lot to put to up!
- We had a wedding Saturday night. We had so much going on Saturday that I made us 5 minutes late to the ceremony...and of course it already started. So, Thomas and I had to sit in the car and wait for it to get over and scoot over to the reception. I am letting it go though because sometimes these things just happen.
- Sunday, Nanny came over and hung out with me all day. I made spaghetti and mom came over for dinner. I got the rest of the decorations up, wrapped some presents, and crashed! I was TIRED! I need a weekend from my weekend!
- Oh, I almost forgot! Someone stole our credit card number (have no idea how because we have out cards), and maxed out our account. They spend like $1200 in Gamestop alone! They also got gas and tried to make a $500 purchase at another store, but luckily it declined because the card was maxed out. This is our card with a smaller limit, and thank goodness for that! It makes me mad regardless having to deal with this, but I fully believe whoever this was would have kept spending until they couldn't anymore if the limit was higher. It is all going to be fine, but it is very maddening to know that someone did that and will probably get away with it!