- The post yesterday was for me to get some thoughts in order, and it is definitely a WORK IN PROGRESS and will be added to and tweeked! Please check back often if you are interested in embroidery. I honestly had plannned to do another post, but I ran out of steam when I got home (I have a lot of projects to blog about!). I also have been really good lately about writing a bunch of posts at once so that I can blog at leisure and not feel stressed about trying to get something out there into blog land. Well, yesterday my stockpile was depleted and I had nothing. I need to take some time to write some things this weekend (and I have lots of ideas for Christmas).
- I am really starting to feel like I am getting a handle on embroidery and applique and how to do it so that it looks very professional. I have been doing it a while, but I just haven't had the time to put into it with the wedding and finishing up school. The past couple months I have taken some time to actually make some things and I feel confident in my abilities now.
- That being said, I have no kids to applique and embroider for yet. I don't need a lot of stuff hanging around for "someday" when I have kids. I am thinking and throwing around the idea of starting an etsy store. I already technically have one (remember Deep South Designs old readers?) but I started it when I was really interested in making jewelry. Well, the cost and amount of time that went into that made me get really tired of that fast. Then I found sewing and the rest is history. I am thinking about starting out with Deep South Designs again just so that I will have some kids to sew for and I have some fun things that I can applique!
- I am really intimidated by the thought of an etsy store. I don't know how to price things (I guess see what the going rates are on etsy), I don't know how to price shipping, and I especially am scared about the whole taxes thing. Do any of y'all out there have experience as etsy sellers? I have a lot of questions...I just want to do this as a way to further my hobby and not as a big business, so I really don't want to bite off more than I can chew.
- I cut my hair lately. Actually in October I decided to chop off my long hair into a bob. I felt like my long hair just hung there and didn't have any style. I wanted something healthy looking and more professional since I am officially a grown-up now. Haha! I need to take a picture for you! It is cute and I really like it! I don't know if I will keep it short forever, but I really like the body I get from it. I will take pictures at Thanksgiving, so I will have some for you next week.
- I am really excited about Christmas! I have started listening to Christmas music (which I usually don't let myself until Thanksgiving night or day after), but I am just really excited to have my first Christmas with Thomas! We are really looking forward to it! I am having a party, we are planning to go to the Journey, and we have a vacation we are taking for New Years. It is just going to be a wonderful season this year. I am loving being married to the love of my life and starting some traditions and making memories.
- Speaking of Christmas, I have been really emotional lately about what Christmas really is. I always try to keep Jesus the center of Christmas, but this year I have felt so appreciative of God and his gift to us. I have a full post to come on this later, but I have just really been reflecting on it and have felt like falling to my knees and crying at what the Lord has given us. I am so blessed to know Christ and if you have questions or don't have relationship with Christ, I hope you will reach out to find out those answers and to find Christ. You can always go to church, talk with believers, and even email me. Without Christ I would be nothing. He is everything to me.
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
I don't really have much for you today. Here are some rambles...sometimes I just like to type what is on emy mind.