Crockpot Potato Soup
serves approximately 6
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 5 large uncooked potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until tender. Stir in flour, salt, basil and pepper; mix well. Gradually add broth while continuously stirring to avoid clumps. Bring to boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to crockpot. Add potatoes, cream, and milk. Cook on low for approximately 6 hours, but it won't hurt if you leave it all day while you go to work. The potatoes will just be more tender.
- Garnish with Cheddar cheese, sour cream, and bacon bits as desired.
P.S. I have a very exciting series of posts that are starting tomorrow! If you have kiddos, or enjoy looking at clothes for kiddos...then you will really enjoy this! I am really excited about it!