Saturday, September 4, 2010

30 Day Blogging Challenge - Day 4

Today is Day 4 of the blogging challenge.  I have had such a BUSY, but fun day!  I am going to try to upload those pics of our Hawaiian day tomorrow, because I have to go locate my cord and honestly...I am not feeling that right now!  Thomas just came over to my house and I am trying to type this up quickly while he is on the phone, so you will see those awesome pics tomorrow!  Today has been so fun though!  My mom, Ashton, and I went to The Gingerbread House in Downtown Savannah to look at bridesmaids, junior bridesmaid, and flower girl attire, as well as veils for me!  We have a ton of success and figured out what everyone will wear and I found the perfect veil!  I went ahead and ordered it even though it is a little early because they were having a tax-free day, and that is a huge savings on something that costs a few hundred dollars.  After that we all went to Logan's for lunch.  It was my mom's birthday this week, so we were going to have a girl's day to celebrate.  We had to drop Ashton off after lunch, and then my mom and I went to the mall for the first time in forever for both of us.  We shopped a little bit and got a couple things on super sale.  We were planning to go see Eclipse one more time before it went off, but we got to the theaters this evening...it was already off.  :(  Oh well, I asked mom was she wanted to do for the rest of her birthday celebration and she decided that we should go get some Japanese food.  We like to eat in our family!  We went to eat and then have been hanging out at home ever since.  We are both wiped out!

Day 4's topic is favorite book.  I have a tie for my favorite book.  My faves are the Harry Potter series (with 4 and 7 being my favorites within the series) and the Twilight series (with no favorite within the series...I like them all for different reasons).  I have read both of those series numerous times and they never get old.  Last year I decided to read all the Harry Potter books again and spent about 2.5 months reading here and there to finish it up.  I am thinking that I might start the series over again since the new movie will be out soon!  I can gear up for it!
I also really love Twilight and first read it in December/January of this year.  I have read the whole series 2 times now.  I was thinking about starting the series for a third time, but I read half of Twilight and thought that I needed a little break from the storyline.  GAH!  I can't believe I just admitted that in 8 months I have read the series twice and thought about reading it a third time!  I am a little obsessed like everyone else in the world right now!  Haha!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you found your veil and the bridesmaid's dresses. How exciting. Happy birthday to your sweet Mom. Sounds like you all had a wonderful day! You guys love to eat as much as we do. One of the days I was on vacation in the mountains, we ate out breakfast, lunch and dinner!!! Oh well, makes life fun, doesn't it? Enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend. Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad for you! Feels so good to have success when doing the wedding prep shopping. Have a great day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the perfect girls day. Congrats on finding your veil and all the bridesmaid dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so exciting! What do the bridesmaid dresses look like???

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is exactly what my day four looked like! I love both of the series so much and usually read them once a year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Your comments make my day!