Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Hooray for Headbands by Heather Bailey

In the few months that I have been sewing, I have been made aware of a wonderful fabric designer Heather Bailey.  She has some of the most beautiful fabrics!  As far as I know, she only makes her designs in quilting cotton, however certain designers, including Heather Bailey, have a nice weight to their quilting cotton that makes it usuable for a variety of projects including garment making.  I was surfing the net the other night looking for a quick headband pattern to make for a co-worker who asked ever so nicely if I would make her one (my sewing is a major topic of conversation at my workplace :) when I stumbled upon Heather Bailey's blog and her adorable Hooray for Headbands tutorial! 
The headband style was exactly what I was looking for, and it looked extremely simple.  I went ahead and printed it out and whipped it up.  It sewed up very quickly and I am super happy with the look of it.  I even made one for myself, and I have an extra laying around the house ready for gift giving.  I will certainly be making more of these and even trying out some of Heather Bailey's other tutorials (I really want to make the sqaure pin cushion). 
If you have spare time laying around and want to whip up some adorable headbands, be sure to check out Heather Bailey's Hooray for Headbands tutorial.  Warning: Be sure to buy enough fabric to make more than one because if you are like me, you will have a hard time giving them away if you don't get to keep one too!
*Excuse the horrible blackberry pictures.  My camera was MIA last night as I was packing some boxes for our move.   

2 comments:

  1. These are lovely headbands! I wish I was 'crafty' enough to make pretty things like these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jennifer, it was so nice to meet you yesterday and I hope you liked the movie (wink)! I sent you an email in your inbox to ask you a question. BTW, cute headbands:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Your comments make my day!