Friday, June 25, 2010

Early Fall Sewing Patterns

It's that time again! Time for the Big 4 to start putting out their early Fall patterns! I personally have decided that starting in July, I am going to start sewing anything I have set aside for Fall. If you remember my post on Vogue's last pattern offerings for Summer, you will remember that many of their patterns were just down right awful! McCall's are the only ones I have seen out so far, and they seemed to play it safe this season and stick with a lot of basic type patterns. That's no fun! I wanted to poke a little fun! Don't worry, there is still a few funny things in there, but nothing like those epic Vogues!

The Good (AKA What Jennifer Wants To Run to Hancock's And Buy Today!)
M6161 - Some these look 80s but I like the leopard one!  I have the perfect fabric in my stash for it!

M6147 - cute, easy, good for a lot of occasions!
M6146 - I could see this as a good Fall outfit with boots
M6168 - I love the gray belted look and the top left orange one with the real model. 
The Bad (but really they just aren't that bad, just not my style...oh well, maybe Vogue will give us some material in a few weeks!  We can hope! )

M6164 - I don't know why you would want to make your own t-shirt when I saw these exact same shirts in H&M a few weeks ago for $4.95, but whatever.  The 80s really are back in full force!  Ick!  But like I said, really not so bad.
M6166 - 80s and the girl looks like she is channeling an updated Cyndi Lauper!
M6150 - I would seriously laugh if I saw a grown woman wearing this.  It looks cozy, but I think the people of What Not to Wear would throw it in the trash!
M6170 - Yuck!  I wouldn't wear this, but made in the right fabric it might be okay.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday!  I was featured on the Cupcake Goddess's blog for my ironing board cover, and I am oh so excited! 
Posting is probably going to be a sparce for the next month as I am moving.  I am not leaving Savannah, don't worry!  We just a making a move to a place that is more us and better for my mom when I move out next summer.

4 comments:

  1. Oh how I wish I could sew! I need to pull out my sewing machine and practice!!! I can't wait to see some of your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the leopard pattern too! You are just too talented, making all your own clothes! I'm envious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your move, Jennifer. It is fun to look at patterns and dream of what to make. You have done such a great job with your sewing and I am so proud of you. Have a nice weekend. Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. M6164... don't laugh, but I love that pattern, the t-shirt one. I would totally make that shirt, especially the blue one with the puffy sleeves, or the green one. Love it. I'm glad you posted this. I will keep my eye out for it at the next pattern sale!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Your comments make my day!