Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Snow is Savannah!

You know you have been a bad blogger when your own best friend starts asking if you are ever going to update your blog! Last week, I just couldn't get it together to put a blog post up. Uploading pictures and writing a entire blog post just sounded like so much work! Ha! Not to worry, I haven't deserted y'all! I am back with many fun posts this week. :)

We have to put a hold on shopping, sewing, and beauty posts for a second though...because it SNOWED in Savannah!!!!! Can y'all believe it?!?! I sure couldn't! Last Friday, Savannah was all abuzz with news that we were going to have a snowfall that night. The weatherman said that some areas could get as much as 3 inches! That is a lot for us Southerners! Y'all that deal with snow all the time can laugh now, but Savannah shut it down! My office let everyone leave early, and so did many other businesses. People postponed their plans, stocked up on groceries, and went home to build fires and bundle up for the "Blizzard" in Savannah! Friday night, Thomas and I went out for Valentines and hung out at my house for a while afterwards. When I went to take him home, there was sleet coming down! We were so giddy with excitement! I can't believe I didn't wreck since I was paying more attention to the consistency of the slush on my windshield to determine if it was snow yet than I was to the road! Around 8:45, the snow started coming down in Savannah! It wasn't any big deal at my house truthfully. I was also too warm in the house to actually go outside and touch it or take pictures in it. However, I did stick my head out of the door and take a couple pictures of the snow accumulation on our cars and our neighbor's cars. The snow pretty much melted as soon as it touched the ground at my house. It looked like a thin layer of ice on the ground more than anything. However, many people in the surrounding area had enough snow to build snowmen and play in it! An hour north of Savannah in Statesboro, I hear that they had a nice fluffy layer of snow! My brother and sister-in-law who live in Macon had a good bit as well! My 4 year old neice Autumn was quite sad the next day when it was melting because she wanted to build an igloo! It was quite an exciting and memorable weekend in the Coastal Empire!

11 comments:

  1. I love Savannah! I'm sure the snow looked beautiful!! Stay warm :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can't believe how it snowed there! Stay warm and safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. im jealous you get time off for snow! i live in chicago and we got about a foot last week and all i had was a horrible commute to work haha...hope you enjoyed the snow!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know the folks up north laugh at us here in the south, but a tiny bit of snow and we're out of business! I bet the snow was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for snow! It snowed in Athens too! It even snowed in my home town of Tifton!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We were in Statesboro for it. I seriously could not believe my eyes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you got some snow too! We sure have had our share of snow in NC this winter. I am ready for spring. Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gotta love the dusting of snow we got here in Savannah. Go check my blog for you blogging award.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! We have the same kit used to design our blog! Your's is really cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Crazy that less than a week ago we had snow, but today I sweated (a tiny bit) planting palms in my front yard!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Your comments make my day!