I will tell you about each thing clockwise starting with the black tube of mascara ending with the open pink and brown eyeshadow.
- Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara in Black - I love this stuff! It is great and inexpensive! It definitely makes my lashes va-va-voom!
- Loreal brown eyeliner - this is just your basic brown eyeliner from the Wal-mart. I used to use Clinique and I still have a few different colors in those, but I bought this one on a whim at Wal-mart and I really like it. My only thing about eyeliner and lip liners is that is must be a roll-up type, not a pencil I have to sharpen...I really hate those! I wear this only on my top lashline. I really only line the bottom when I am going somewhere special at night. I just feel like it looks to harsh on my fair skin and blonde hair to wear it on the bottom in the day.
- Neutrogena Healthy Skin foundation - This stuff is okay, but I won't be buying any more. It is almost gone, so when it is out I am going to call my Mary Kay consultant and get some from her. I just got fed up with my foundation from Clinique and went to Wal-mart and got this. Now that I am using Mary Kay skin care products, I eventually want all my make up to be Mary Kay as well. I am just replacing everything I have with MK as it runs out.
- Neutrogena concealer - this is okay as well. I use it on my under eye area because without it I naturally have a lot of shadow under my eyes. It just brightens the area up. I also use it if I ever get a blemish and need to cover it. This is almost gone too and is going to be replaced soon with MK.
- Clinique loose powder - Okay, so I am going to tell you a secret. Y'all are going to think I am ghetto! I bought this powder like a year and a half ago, and when it ran out, Ashton had some MK loose powder she didn't like (but I loved) but it was in weird tubes that you were supposed to put in a container. So I just poured it in here with the remnants of the Clinique powder. I still have some MK tubes to replenish when this is gone! haha! I probably won't have to buy powder for another year or so.
- Estee Lauder blush trio - I got a huge make up giftset last Christmas from Thomas' grandparents. It had makeup bags, brushes, and tons of makeup. I loved it! Estee Lauder is some good stuff! I really like this blush (and all their products!) I use the middle one during the fall and winter, the far right pinker one in spring and summer, and the bronzer in summer.
- Make up Brushes - collected from a variety of places. I have MK brushes, but my blush one broke. Now I use the Estee Lauder blush with my other MK brushes. These are my everyday ones, but I really have 2 complete sets of brushes. Oh, and that is my gross foundation sponge. I need to throw it out, but I hate using a new sponge because it soaks up all the foundation and I don't feel like much actually goes on my face. I like them when they get old and grungy like this because my foundation goes on better.
- Luxiva lipgloss - I got this from Meryl Norman in my town. I used to always go there to get my makeup down for prom and sometimes for pageants. They did my makeup for free and my mom would always buy the lips for me to reapply all day. I have a ton of these little tubes that I have had for years! This is just the one I used today, but I literally switch between lipsticks/glosses everyday with my mood and outfit. Sometimes I use liner, but not today.
- Clinique Sugar Sugar eyeshadow - this is a sample I have had for a little while (do you see a theme with my makeup), I use this right under my brow and it makes my eyes POP!
- Clinique Strawberry Fudge Eyeshadow Duo - This is my favorite eyeshadow ever! I love Clinique's shadows because they last all day long! I wore a pink shirt today, so this was my shadow to match. I wear the pink shade all over the lid and the brown shade in the crease. I do a lot of eyeshadow daily, much more than most women. I like my shadow to go from lid to brow (but I promise I don't look like that god awful woman on the Drew Carey show). Maybe it is just living in the south, but I love to wear a full face everyday!
close up of Strawberry Fudge, isn't it pretty! It is shimmery too!
So that is what is in my make up bag, err drawer. On another note, you can spare me the comments that I need to throw out old makeup and my sponge. I know it is a breeding ground for bacteria. I don't care! I get a new mascara every 3-4 months and I use a clean brush every day for my eyeshadow (I wash it all the time because I change colors so much). As for my lipsticks/glosses, MOST of them have never been used and are perfectly clean. I know my sponge is grungy, but I like it! Haha! So what's in your makeup bag? Join the fun and play along!