Wednesday, April 29, 2009
I have also been bad about going to the dentist. I knew that I had 4 cavities from when I had my wisdom teeth taken out, but I haven't done anything about it. They haven't hurt or anything, so I wasn't too worried. Plus, I was scared that I couldn't afford it and was hiding from the inevitable. I have a much better job now, so I decided I needed to go on in and take care of myself. I am going on Wednesday of next week to the dentist to have a consultation and teeth cleaning. I will find out about what they will have to do for my cavities then. I have dental insurance through my father, but I have heard from someone at my work that it will only cover the basic cleaning. I guess the cavity fillings will be all out of my pocket. I know I can't afford a root canal! Please pray that I won't need a root canal and that the bills won't be too high for the cavity fillings. God is really testing me right now. I am a constant worrier and get so anxious. I keep repeating this verse to myself.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Phillipians 4:6
I really need to turn this over to the Lord. He will provide and this hard time will pass, but it is so hard for me to do this. Please pray for our anxious minds, my mothers job, her financial difficulites, and that all of this will work out for the best. I promise tomorrow I will be more upbeat.
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Monday, April 27, 2009
Saturday, April 25, 2009
A little pink and green! The middle beads are polka-dots and stripes. This picture doesn't do it justice. Pretty Coral and wood beads. Perfect for summertime.Pink Czech glass beads
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Sunday we will be traveling to Florida to the resort we will be staying at for the night. I will be traveling in this comfy dress by Lilly and my fake Bonnanos/Jack Rogers (from Payless, ha! I really need some real ones!)Monday we will be boarding our ship. That is my new TH ruffle tank and King's Cross Lilly capris from ebay, and that hat was my birthday present from Ashton (formerly known as A, but it was getting confusing)Monday for laying out on the boat! RL cover up and Lilly BikiniMonday night dinner, dress by LillyTuesday we will be in Cococay, Bahamas. We are planning on doing some kayaking and fun water activities (trampolines and blow up stuff). This is my active wear for the day.Bad quality photo of my RL polo bikiniWhen we get back on the boat, I will change into this Lilly dress from a few years agoThis is my Molly B formal night dress. I can't decide which of these shoes to wear, but I am leaning towards the strappy silver on the far left. Wednesday we will be in Nassau, Bahamas and we are planning on visiting the straw market and going on a tour of the forts and they will take us by Atlantis.This is my laying out pool outfit for the day. See the bikini, it's my new Lilly one that my mother ordered for me! The cover up is also new from Target (online only)Close up on my new bikiniWednesday night dinner outfit, Lilly ribbon dress and another fake pair of Bonannos/Jack Rogers from Walmart (ha! I really didn't know what Jacks and Bonannos were when I got these in like 10th grade, they have really lasted though)Thursday is our "Fun Day at Sea" and I will be wearing this Lilly dress.Ashton and I will be getting hot stone massages and I was thinking that a caftan would be perfect to wear to the spa since it is nice and loose. What do you wear to the spa? Do I need to wear shorts or is a dress/caftan okay? I have never been before, so give me some advice. We will also lay out that day and I will either do the caftan and RL bikini, or the RL cover up and blue Lilly bikini but I will decide when I get there. Thursday night dinner, don't mind the wrinkles. I don't iron things until I wear them.Friday, we will be getting off the boat and driving home. This will be nice and comfy (and I will have to carry the hat anyway, so I might as well wear it for a while too!)Lucky wanted in on the photo shoot too! Ha! Isn't he cute!
Friday, April 17, 2009
Grab this tunic if this is your size! Best deal on Ebay! This tunic is from the Resort line and I have been eying it since it came out! Then lowest I have ever seen it is $80 and the pink print is SO hard to find! This one is going for $45 or "Buy It Now" for $49.99! Click here
Monday, April 13, 2009
Friday, April 10, 2009
Let's get on to the answers to the questions. Thanks to all who participated! I have enjoyed reading your questions and answering them!
Prissy Southern Prep asks: "What is your favorite makeup item?"
I have to say that ever since I started wearing makeup, I have been very loyal to Clinique. I used to love them, but as I have grown up and my skin has changed I don't really like them anymore. I am actually searching for some great makeup lines! I really do like what I am using right now, so I might be stuck on this brand for a while. I use Neutrogena Healthy Skin liquid foundation and the 3 in 1 concealor for eyes. My skin has never looked so good before! I also use all of their skincare line. I still use Clinique's loose powder because I have so much stockpiled in my house. I have both the shimmer powder and the normal powder. I really like loose powder better than pressed because it sets your face without messing up your foundation and concealor. I am not picky about mascara, eyeliner, or blush/bronzer, but my eyeshadow is where I will not budge! I use Clinique, Estee Lauder, or Mary Kay eyeshadow everyday. I have drugstore ones, but they just don't stick all day. These three brands are very rich in color, you can layer the color for whatever intensity you like, and they last all day! As you can see, I really like to try out all kinds of things in my makeup. I don't always stick to one brand and I try high and low priced items. If I can't tell a difference between the high priced item and the low priced item, I will just buy the low priced item. The only item I must buy a good brand on is eyeshadow!
Southern Belle asks: "What's your fave thing to do in Savannah?"
My absolute favorite thing to do in Savannah is go to First Saturday on River Street followed by lunch out downtown. First Saturday happens every month and people set up booths all along River Street selling arts and crafts. There are performers and bands that come to entertain. It lasts all day and into the night, and sometimes there are fireworks. Tons of people come and everyone is just so happy to be in Savannah! My Sunday School teacher gave me my first job when I was 16, making purses and ribbon belts for her company. We would go to every First Saturday and set up a booth. It was such a great time! Everytime I go to First Saturday we eat on River Street. Some of my favorite places for lunch on River Street are Spankys (get Chicken Fingers and Spuds), Tubby's Tankhouse (it's pretty much all seafood), and the Boar's Head (get the BBQ shrimp appetizer! It's jumbo shrimp wrapped in crispy bacon and covered with a peach BBQ sauce...to die for!) First Saturday is one of the reasons I love living in Savannah.
Beach Belle asks: "Where is one place that is off the beaten path (shopping or dining) that you is a must see or do in Savannah?"
This is such a hard question to answer! It really depends on where you are staying in Savannah! Here are a couple of things to do in each area of Savannah!
Tybee Island: Go get some icecream at the Sugar Shack! It is so yummy and refreshing on a hot day at the beach! It right on the main road once you get to Tybee, you can't miss it! Look for the huge crowd!
Downtown: Broughton Street has the best shopping in this area! My favorite store is Blue Belle Boutique. This is such a chic little boutique, but you better bring some money because it is pricey! They carry great brands like Diane Von Furstenburg and Seven jeans. Hit up the sale rack! For dining, Barnes is great for Chicken Fingers and BBQ. I eat here so much they know me by name and order! State Street Cafe is great for variety! I love their Spaghetti and the Cheese Quesadilla. Another great one is Wright Square Cafe. They are on the Foodie Tour of Savannah and they are so yummy! They have wraps, paninis, and pasta salads. Did I mention they are a Chocolatier? They have truffles and desserts. They also have breakfast. I eat here too much also. I had breakfast there this morning and I have some of their Mediterranean Pasta Salad for lunch today.
Midtown/Southside: Don't miss Monkees, Palm Avenue (Lilly Pulitzer Signature Store), and Hand Picked Jewelry. They are all three in the same shopping center where the Fresh Market is. For dining, try Tangerine (sushi and Japanese fushion), Spanky's (see previous question, we have a couple of these restaurants), or B&D Burgers (each burger is named after something to do with Savannah)
Tales from my Empty Nest asks: "What is your most favorite place that you have visited in all your travels?"
Hands down I love Paris! I am obsessed with the French culture and lifestyle, their history, their language, their cuisine, everything! When my father took me there it was a dream come true! I will always treasure my time there and I can't wait to go back! I hope I will have the opportunity to move there one day!
Second place is Germany, more specifically Bavaria. I love how quaint that area of Germany is. The paintings on the buildings are spectacular! I love that they have cowbells on their cows! The people are beyond kind! (The french are not, that's one thing this friendly southern belle doesn't get! I could talk to a brick wall!) I loved Germany so much! If you ever get a chance to go, make sure you spend a day just living the culture. I have spent many months over the past few years here and my favorite memory is riding bikes through the forest bike paths with my father. We would ride our bikes to the next town, sit at the cafe for a couple of hours, go by the bakery, and ride back by the vineyards that surrounded the village my father lived in. It was simpy idyllic. Thomas and I are already thinking about moving there when I graduate. My job has offices there and a few years after I graduate, I could work there. It all depends on where we are in our lives are then!
Sassy Engineer asks: "What is your perfect day?"
My perfect day, hmmm, this is the perfect Savannah day to me. Wake up to breakfast in bed and some delicious English Breakfast tea. Get up after that and Thomas and I would go out on the boat. We would spend part of the day fishing, part of the day laying out reading a good book and eating a picnic lunch, and part of the day tubing and water skiing. In my perfect day, I would not get a sunburn like I always do when I go out on the boat! Then Thomas and I would go home and get dressed up. We would meet our family and friends at a nice restaurant on the Ogeechee River and have cocktails and dinner during sunset. We would all head home after our dinner and relax and then go to sleep. That would be the perfect day in Savannah to me! Nothing too fancy, just good times with great friends and family!
Thanks for asking me so many great questions! I know this post is long, but I had to answer each question completely! Have a great weekend. I will start my fun posts soon, and the item I am giving away arrrived today! Get excited!
Thursday, April 9, 2009
I also found Simon and Alex's blog. They are slightly creepy, but they are starting to grow on me! Eek, I never thought I would say that. Simon writes a post about his reactions to the episode each week. It's pretty interesting!
Here is Jill's blog! She really cracks me up! She is probably my favorite of the housewives!
Bethenny also has a blog with Blogger! I like her a lot too! I want to pick up her book so that I can see for myself what all the buzz is about!
I couldn't find a blog for Ramona, which I would have loved to read. She needs to create one so that we can see what's new with her too!
What do y'all think about the NJ housewives that will be coming out soon? It seems a little strange to me that 3 of them are related! I really can't wait to watch that season too! I am so addicted, ahh!
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
- Be sure to ask a question by Thursday! I will be answering them on Friday morning!
- Some of my Macy's items arrived. I love them! I will be getting the other package from them any day now!
- My sweet mother ordered me the cutest Lilly bikini ever from The Pink Door in Memphis! It is the Hutton bikini in the Ripe Mango Pina Colada and it reverses to solid pink. Two in one! The people at The Pink Door are the sweetest! They sent me a wrapped up package with samples of all 3 of the Lilly perfumes in there, a catalog, and a pink mesh bag to keep my bikini in. I will definitely be ordering from them again!
- I am expecting some new Swarvoski crystal beads to get here any day and I can't wait to make some new necklaces, bracelets, and earrings! I will show you what I make!
- I got a new cover up to go with my bikini that my mother got for me. It is from Target. It is a white long-sleeved tunic (the sleeves roll up and button) that is embroidered with lillys (How appropriate for me!) I also got the gold lion pair of Miss Trish of Capri sandals and a navy blue pair of peep toe pumps! It is really hard to find navy shoes! I looked at several stores and the only place that had any was Target. I guess Savannah doesn't love navy!
- Is it bad that I have already planned out my wardrobe for my cruise vacation that happens on May 17? I will be wearing a dress everyday! I was thinking about posting pictures of what I am choosing to wear each day. I was going to try to wait until closer to the date, but I really want some opinions and I need them with enough time out in case I need to purchase something I forgot about!
- Funny story about why I plan out clothes so far in advance: In high school, Thomas' family took me with them on a ski trip to West Virginia. I am a GA girl through and through and didn't really know anything about snow. My mother and I picked out new scarves, gloves, hats, headbands, sweaters, warm socks, ski bibs and jacket, etc. I packed all of my things the day before we were to leave. My mother asked me if I had everything, but didn't double check behind me because I was 15 and could pack for myself. Well, we got to WV and I was set for the slopes. However, the only clothing I brought were a couple of pairs of jeans and some deep V henleys that needed undershirts so that I didn't flash anyone. Did I pack undershirts? No! I had to wear Thomas' sisters undershirts that didn't match and were from the Limited Too because she was 10. I also only packed a pair of Birkenstock clogs that would slip off every time I walked. No tennis shoes, no boots, nada! I was completely unprepared for the trip and now have visions of forgetting things when I travel. Therefore I write down everything (including socks and shoes) I will be taking on paper as far in advance as possible.
- I am feeling a little better and am back at work today. I got stuck at the university library last night until 11 working on a project. I am dragging. At least it's almost Easter!
Monday, April 6, 2009
Friday, April 3, 2009
Thursday, April 2, 2009
I got this Ralph Lauren cover up to match my Robin's Egg Blue Star Sighting Lilly bikini. I can't wait for the cruise now!!!
I loved these shorts. This picture doesn't show it but the closure is a gold toggle. It is so adorable. The rest of the clothes are Tommy Hilfiger. I really liked the line this year and wanted all of the items. It was hard to limit myself to only a few things! It is really stylish this year, so y'all should treat yourselves!I love this tunic. The green will match so much of my Spring/Summer wardrobe.I have been wanting a maxi dress and this one is perfect. I love the mix of colors. I also got this tank in yellow but I couldn't find a good picture on the Internet. Click here to see it.
If any of y'all are planning on making purchases at Macy's, online they are giving $25 for orders over $100 and free shipping on women's clothing orders over $75. They also have different savings that lie under the $100 mark, but I am not sure what the increments are. I am thrilled with my new Spring/Summer items and I can't wait for them to arrive. Isn't it fun to go shopping and not spend a penny!!!
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
- What I Got At Macy's
- Jewelry That A and I Made (Possibly a tutorial if anyone has the interest in learning how to make your own. It is super easy, A learned in about 30 minutes!)
- New Artwork Hanging Over My Bed
- What's In Jennifer's Closet (I love that Muffy is doing this and I have been thinking about doing this for some time. It's so fun to see what is in everyone's closets. A can tell you that my clothes are my favorite things. I love to look at them, iron them, try them on, etc. Maybe I should be in school for fashion, not Economics)
- A Giveaway!!! (I saved the best for last!)
I am not sure when all of these posts are going to happen, but after next week school should be less hectic for a little while. I will probably post before then, but I don't want to promise anything. So be looking out for my fun posts and for your chance to win a great giveaway!