Friday, March 27, 2009
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Monday, March 23, 2009
Friday, March 20, 2009
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Friday, March 13, 2009
- I realized this morning that I never updated you on my grade on my Macroeconomics midterm. I guess I was just in denial and tried to forget it! When I got my midterm back I had received a D. YUCK! I really felt I understood the concepts, but the test was ridiculously hard. Apparently everyone else felt exactly the same way because over half of the class got a D and all the others got a C, with the exception of 3 bright people who got a B or an A. How they did that I will never know! Ha! Well, it all turned out great in the end because he realized that he didn't give us enough time to do this exam (whatever, it didn't matter how much time he gave me, I just didn't get his questions). He decided to give everyone a 20 point curve or give you the chance to redo the exam in order to regain 2/3 of your missed points. I calculated and figured that it will not make a difference either way for me because I will end up with the same grade...a B!!!! I am going to just take the curve but I will be researching what I did wrong and having a meeting with him to have him explain what I didn't understand.
- Comcast came through for me last night and I was able to watch Martha because it did tape properly!!! Yay! I absolutely loved that show and will probably watch it about 5 times, haha! I watched the audience and paused it to try to see all my blogging girlfriends! Landlocked Mermaid and Hopsy looked great! I looked for you AGH, but I didn't see you. I will look more closely when I re watch it. I loved the craft idea for the raffia flowers! OH MY! I must find her etsy shop to order my own kit! It looked so so fun and easy to do! I would have to make a hat and bag to match for my cruise! Ooo, maybe I will buy a hat or bag in the Bahamas from the straw market and bring it home to jazz up! I also loved watching how the prints were made and the fashion show...and those mojitos looked fabulous. I will have to make them for A and I soon for my own celebration of my 21st. I watched the show will my mother and the quote of the year came from her! As we were watching the make your own print segment, she turned to me and said, "I think I understand your Lilly love now." She was also in love with Martha's blouse and that Shaken Up print. Ladies, we have a new Lilly lover in the making!
- I ordered a few Lilly stationary pieces from The Beadcage Gifts. Grits told us about them recently and I have to agree with Grits, they are beyond wonderful! I ordered on Tuesday and received my package yesterday! Now they are in Columbus, GA and I am in Savannah, so don't count on yours being as soon as mine if you are far away. Still, they seem to be on top of their game! Stop by Grits to get the link and a special promo code for 10% off and free shipping! I got the file folders, circle notes, and dry erase board in Animal Crackers to brighten up my gray cubicle!
I hope y'all have a great day! I am off to ATL for the weekend and I will let y'all know how the concert was when I return! I think I have finally picked the perfect outfit, but you will have to wait until Sunday to see! I bet the suspense it killing y'all!
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
I am extremely disappointed with your service. I have been anxiously waiting for over a month for the Lilly Pulitzer Martha Stewart Show to air on March 11, 2009. I set my DVR to record this particular Martha Stewart show and even went to the extra trouble of making sure to read the extended information you provide about the episode to assure that I was recording the correct show. When I arrived home today to watch the subject episode, I was angered to know that the show you described as The Lilly Pulitzer Special of The Martha Stewart Show was actually yesterday's show with Emeril Lagasse making Cajun cuisine. Due to your mistake, I missed seeing some of my favorite bloggers in the audience, watching Hopsy have an interview with Martha herself, and watching the fabulous line up of crafts, fashion, and fun. Your updated listings show that you will be airing the show again on Thursday night, however if I have another DVRed episode of Emeril making crawfish I can promise you will be getting a call from me about your horrible service.
Thanks for nothing,
1. I was born in Germany
2. I moved to Savannah when I was 2
3. I am a direct descendant of Patrick Henry (he is my great, great, great...grandfather)
4. I am also a descendant of Anne Boleyn through a distant marriage
5. I am deathly allergic to chocolate (I carry 2 epipens in case I stop breathing)
6. I am obsessed with Marie Antoinette
7. My favorite place on earth in Paris, France
8. I wish I could move to Paris one day
9. Despite loving Paris and everything French, I do not speak any French
10. However, I can speak enough German to get by on my trips to Germany
11. I have been to Germany 4 times (born there and lived there until 2 years old and 3 summer trips to see my father who was living there)
12. I have been to Paris and Rome one time each (but want to go back)
13. My favorite color is Pink
14. My favorite drink is Pink Lemonade or Orangina (they are tied)
15. My favorite food is Spaghetti
16. I am most scared of snakes and tornadoes
17. I am going to school for a Bachelors of Arts in Economics
18. I have no idea what kind of career I want (Lawyer, Economist, Teacher, or my current job)
19. I have a lifelong dream of getting my doctorate
20. I met and started dating Thomas when I was 14
21. We have been dating for 6 years and I know I have found my soul mate (I think he feels the same)
Monday, March 9, 2009
Basically, the Pandora is a modern type of charm bracelet. I have the silver bracelet and a silver bead called lots of love with hearts all over it. I am beyond excited by my new bracelet. Maybe one day, I will have it as full as all of the photos above!
Friday, March 6, 2009
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Monday, March 2, 2009
I hung out with Thomas on Saturday as well. When I got home I watched one of my all time favorite movies, Troop Beverly Hills. If you haven't seen it, it is from the 80s and it is about a rich woman in Beverly Hills who volunteers to lead her daughter's Wilderness Girls troop. She is so prissy and one of the other troop leaders is so mean to her about it and tries to sabotage Troop Beverly Hills every step of the way. They show her in the end though! Saturday night, Savannah had terrible storms! I woke up in the middle of the night and was so scared! I turned on the Weather Channel and watched for like 30 minutes (at 3 AM) until the Tornado Watches and Warnings expired! Sunday, I hung out with Thomas and ate dinner with his family. Sunday was a nice relaxing day. Now back to the daily grind! I hope everyone has a great Monday!!!