Saturday, January 31, 2009
Here are the rules:
Step 1: respond and rework—answer the questions on your own blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention, add one more question of your own.
Step 2: tag—eight other un-tagged people
What are you wearing now? My comfy flannel PJs from Victoria's Secret (T told me I look like a lumberjack, ha!)
What’s the last thing you read/are currently reading? Economics textbook (You know your jealous, ha!)
Do you nap a lot? Before declaring a major, now I am mostly sleep deprived
Who was the last person you hugged? T and Lucky
What’s your current obsession/addiction? Blogging, finding cheap Lilly on ebay
What was the last thing you said aloud? T: What are you doing? Me: BLOGGING
What websites do you always visit when you go online? Ebay, Blogger, Facebook
What was the last thing you bought? Lilly dress on ebay (see post from a few days ago)
What are you listening to right now? Lucky snoring and my blackberry ringing (should I answer it or not?)
If you could have any super power, what would it be? To snap my fingers and whatever I want to appear in front of me or take me anywhere (Think Samantha on Bewitched)
What is your favorite weather, and why? Summer. I can wear Lilly everyday and I get to go to the beach, out on the boat, and fishing every weekend.
What time do you usually get up? I try to get up at 6, but have been know to snooze so long that the alarm will not snooze anymore and I have to get up. Truly it depends on where I am going that day. If it's school I have to be up by 7 and if it's work, well, we have flex time so.....
What is your most challenging goal right now? Budgeting and scheduling enough ME time
Say something to the person who tagged you:Southern Belle - I love your blog! I think we would totally be BFF in real life because I seriously had to think hard to change your answers. They were pretty much the exact same thing I would have said too!!!!
If you could have a house–totally paid for, fully furnished–anywhere in the world, where would you want it to be? Paris, hands down. All my friends know one day I dream of moving here!
Favorite vacation spot? Paris!!!! The most fabulous city in the entire world!!!!!
What is your favorite item of clothing? I can't narrow it to one item...so all of my Lilly
Name one thing you just can’t resist no matter how bad it is for you: CHEESE! (Me too Southern Belle)
Favorite pair of shoes you keep going back to over and over, even though your closet is overflowing with a zillion others: my Coach black patent leather ballet flats...I think they are getting close to worn out and I am quite sad about this. I have been trying to wear them less so that they will last longer!
What's your favorite book? The Third Man by Graham Greene
Added this one....What is your favorite online store to shop at? Mellyonline.com (Thanks Monograms and Manicures for letting us know about this one!)
Anyone who wants to play along! I can't pick only 8! I would like everyone to play! Comment when you do so that I will know!
Friday, January 30, 2009
Thursday, January 29, 2009
A and I in Rainforest CafeThe First Annual A and Jennifer Halloween Bash (A, I know you are reading and we are definitely making this an annual party!)My baby LuckyA and I at Rainforest Cafe from our December trip to Disney
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Monday, January 26, 2009
Friday, January 23, 2009
Here are the rules:
1) Grab the nearest book.
2) Open to page 56.
3) Find the 5th sentence.
4) Post the text of the next 2-5 sentences and these rules.
5) Pick the closest book (not the favorite, cool, or intellectual).
6) Tag 5 peeps!
The old man looked after the child now and the woman worked with the man from dawn until sunset flowed over the fields,and Wang Lung perceived one day that again she was with child, his first thought was of irritation that during the harvest she would be unable to work. He shouted at her, irritable with fatigue, "So you have chosen this time to breed again, have you!" She shouted stoutly. "This time it is nothing. It is only the first that is hard."
This is a wonderful book by a Nobel Prize-Winning Author. It also won the Pulitzer Prize more than 60 years ago. This book is about a farmer named Wang Lung who lives through both famine and wealth in Pre-Revolutionary China. He asks the gods for a wife and receives a selfless wife named O-lan, however wealth changes him and makes him take what he has for granted. This story always reminds me about being humble because what the Lord gives you can easily be taken away. I have read this book many times. I am overjoyed in the happy parts and cry in the sad parts. It is a touching novel that I would suggest to anyone! You will not be disappointed!!!!
I tag the following girls:
My favorite kind of tea is English Breakfast Tea. I once worked with a girl who was a huge fan of tea and got me hooked on drinking it with heavy cream and honey. She told me that this is the traditional English way for drinking tea, but I have never looked into it. Does anyone know about this? I love to drink it this way, however I try to only use heavy cream on special occasions and stick to skim milk for everyday. Most people think I am crazy because I hate coffee! I can't help it, I just love all types of tea!
So classic and elegant. Toile can dress up any space in your home!
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Friday, January 16, 2009
Pottery Barn Kids Transportation Nursery Bedding - How adorable with the ceiling painted like clouds and a mural of hot air balloons, boats, trucks, and tractors on the walls!Serena and Lily Graham Bedding - What little boy doesn't need a rowing inspired nursery complete with seersucker!
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
P.S. I recently added about 3 albums to Facebook for your viewing pleasure!
Monday, January 12, 2009
I just love Lilly and I love it even more when I get it on sale!
Update: I got sick at work today :( I guess that the day every stitch of family goes home is the day my body feels that it can relax and get sick. Anyway, it worked out nicely because my package from Melly arrived today!!! Let me tell you it is so much cuter in person! I haven't shopped for Lilly in a couple of seasons because our signature store closed, but I think I will online shop at Melly from now on! The sale has been extended through today, so make sure you get your orders in. I ordered mine on Friday and it arrived Monday, talk about customer service! FYI - I slept for 3 hours when I got home from work and I now feel so much better, it must be a 24 hour virus.
Sunday, January 11, 2009
On the Carousel in FanstasylandWearing my new Minnie Mouse ears, I buy a new pair every time I go. I have quite a collection and now I have a Christmas pair to add to it!The Castle all lit up for Christmas, it looks like ice.
The next day we laid out at the pool and got in the hot tub until about 3, then we went to Downtown Disney and looked in all the shops. We finished the day with a trip to the Rainforest Cafe. I love that restaurant because it is so unique. There is an Elephant Room with large elephants that blow their trunks every so often and when you look up you can see shooting stars. There is also a Gorilla Room and there are rain showers every so often. It is a neat place to dine and I would recommend it to anyone that goes to Downtown Disney.
The next day we had to go back home to Savannah, but it was a nice escape for the weekend. I have now come out of hiding and shown my face to the blogging world. I wrestled with the idea of putting my face out there for anyone to see, but I figured that it was safe to show to my blogging friends. I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
1. Started your own blog - surprisingly!
2. Slept under the stars - I live in South GA. It's redneck-ville. Deer are even know to jump out onto I-95
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland - Does Disney World count?
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris - my favorite city on Earth and I plan on moving here one day if I learn French!!!
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch - I love making jewelry
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France - It's smaller than you would think it would be
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill - it's call a sick of it day!
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise - ready to go on another
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling - and I swam with the dolphins
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud - T ruined my favorite bathing suit this way!
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie - if you count the one my summer camp made when I was 7, I was the star though
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business - very small scale in high school, but I did sell purses I made for quite a profit. I was accepted to sell at a number of gift shops in different states but I didn't have the time to devote to the business as I was so young
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies - I sold the most in my troop every year!
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason - T is too good to me! He used to buy me a dozen roses every week when I moved away for college. It was way to hard to have a long distance relationship and I moved home to go to the university in Savannah that I attend now.
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma - I have never done this because I always get turned away, apparently people who lived an extended time in Germany during the 80's didn't get the memo that we all have mad cow disease! Seriously, everytime they tell me I might have mad cow, but my question is wouldn't I know I have said disease by the time I reached my 20s.
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp - surprisingly never, even though I was born in Germany and spent 3 summers there in highschool/college.
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy - yes, I still have a lot of my toys. Barbies, American girls dolls and their clothes, boardgames
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job - no, but I have been laid off from 2 jobs, quit one, and quit one before they laid everyone off
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone - no, but I was attacked by a dauschand when I was 12 and had my lip ripped off and had 30 something stitches on my mouth. My plastic surgeon was really good though and you can't even tell
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Kissed a stranger at midnight on New Year's Eve
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating - do fish count?
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee - on my bottom of all places before a football game in highschool. bloomers and a swollen bottom = not attractive!
If anyone wants to do this, go ahead and play along!
Monday, January 5, 2009
Put the logo on your blog or post.
Nominate at least 10 blogs which show GREAT ATTITUDE and/or GRATITUDE!
Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
Share the love and link to this post and to the person from whom you received your award.
I would like the nominate the following ladies
Sweet, Sassy, and Always Classy - She is one of my newest followers and I look forward to reading more of her blog
Southern Belle at The Tale of a Southern Belle - I love her cute picture from Gone With The Wind since it is definately one of my favorites.
XOXO Sarahbeth at Montana Musings of a Southern Girl - Sarah Beth is my absolute favorite name ever. If I am lucky enough to have a daughter she will be named Sarah Elizabeth and called Sarah Beth! You are one lucky lady to have such a beautiful, strong, and biblical name.
Sarah from A Glimpse of Sarah - I really enjoy her blog and she gave me the inspiration to make this blog on a boring day at the office.
The Pink TuTu - I love her blog and her adorable picture of Angelina Ballerina (I think I have told y'all that before though)
Pearls and Bows - Audrey Hepburn is my all time favorite actress and this smart lady has a picture of her for her blogger profile.
The Wife at Old Faithful - She is a new follower and I am excited to read more of her blog.
Tara in the ATL - I love Atlanta and I have to nominate a fellow GA peach!
The Pink Chick - I LOVE her blog, she always makes me laugh!
Princess Freckles at Her Highness of Cute - She was one of my first followers and has freckles just like me!
I hope everyone enjoys the surprise of getting an award, I know I did!
P.S. Please pray for T because his truck was stolen right out of a friend's driveway on New Year's Eve. The police have said that it will most likely be found, but in one of the following conditions: A. stripped of all parts B. stripped and on fire C. driveable but completely ruined (i.e. the seats with be ripped open with drugs shoved in them) Please pray that something good comes out of this bad situation.